Wednesday, November 20, 2013

blog #18


I pull up to my driveway, and walk into my house,
As the sun sets behind the walnut trees.
I see eyes of two dogs
Lock onto me.
They came out of my room and to the back door
To welcome me home from class.
I step over their chew toys and into my room
Where they were sleeping all day, lazily.
Their tails wag intensely; they’re excited
I’m home earlier than usual.
They fight for my attention, they’re jealous.
There’s no scratch behind the ear like mine.
In the kitchen,
One grows hungry, and heads to her food bowl leaving the other dog behind.
I decided to play with the dog that stayed,
For she was persistent,
She won’t stop shadowing me.
She is golden and a little grey
Her coat’s silky smooth
I scratch behind her floppy ear
Roughly, as if she had an itch.
Suddenly I thought
That if she had rabies I would soon be sent
To the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. I had such a hard time with this blog and you make it look so easy! I like the little twist at the end about rabies. Made for an interesting ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally wouldn't have expected that ending! Great job!

    ReplyDelete